As I turn a year older though, it always makes me think about life and death and how quickly our time goes by. These days, as my grandmother lies in a hospital bed fighting for her life, I think about it so much more. It reminds me of when Mufasa is telling Simba about the Circle of Life in the Lion King. The circle of life is certainly happening in our family. My cousin and I have had babies this year and sadly we will more than likely lose our beloved grandmother in the coming days/weeks/months as she has a very aggressive cancer. While her body may be leaving us, her spirit never will and as our children grow, we will tell them all about their great-grandmother and how loving and caring and non-judgemental she was and how she selflessly devoted her life to helping those less fortunate. And we will hope that some of her qualities will live and be passed down to our future generations as our Circle of Life continues.....
Monday, August 25, 2008
The Circle of Life
Well, I am officially 37 now. *grumble, sigh, yawn*..... I must say thought that I had a wonderful birthday. I was truly spoiled. Got to sleep in, woke up to presents and flowers and breakfast and didn't have to do too much all day. Lucas and Nathan took me out for lunch and James made supper and cleaned up after. So all in all it was great!

As I turn a year older though, it always makes me think about life and death and how quickly our time goes by. These days, as my grandmother lies in a hospital bed fighting for her life, I think about it so much more. It reminds me of when Mufasa is telling Simba about the Circle of Life in the Lion King. The circle of life is certainly happening in our family. My cousin and I have had babies this year and sadly we will more than likely lose our beloved grandmother in the coming days/weeks/months as she has a very aggressive cancer. While her body may be leaving us, her spirit never will and as our children grow, we will tell them all about their great-grandmother and how loving and caring and non-judgemental she was and how she selflessly devoted her life to helping those less fortunate. And we will hope that some of her qualities will live and be passed down to our future generations as our Circle of Life continues.....
As I turn a year older though, it always makes me think about life and death and how quickly our time goes by. These days, as my grandmother lies in a hospital bed fighting for her life, I think about it so much more. It reminds me of when Mufasa is telling Simba about the Circle of Life in the Lion King. The circle of life is certainly happening in our family. My cousin and I have had babies this year and sadly we will more than likely lose our beloved grandmother in the coming days/weeks/months as she has a very aggressive cancer. While her body may be leaving us, her spirit never will and as our children grow, we will tell them all about their great-grandmother and how loving and caring and non-judgemental she was and how she selflessly devoted her life to helping those less fortunate. And we will hope that some of her qualities will live and be passed down to our future generations as our Circle of Life continues.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment