Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Tuesday's Treats

My sister was kind enough to lend me some of her raw food books, so this week I've been making stuff.

First up is Alissa Cohen's Date-Nut Torte. I don't LOVE this but I like it. It is a nice change from the other stuff. I made it in individual pie plates this time rather than one big one.
The recipes are at the end.


I LOVE blueberries and they are good for us! So I made this delicious blueberry pie. Yumm, can't wait to dig in.....


These are Jennifer Cornbleet's "Not peanut butter balls" or basically Almond butter balls. They are delicious! And when you are just craving a bite of something sweet, they do the trick!

Recipes:

Date Nut Torte

Base:

2 cups of raisins

2 cups of walnuts

Topping:

2 cups of dates (soaked)

1/2 lemon juiced

For base: combine raisins and walnuts in a food processor and blend until well blended and moist. Mold into a pie plate.

For frosting: combine dates and lemon juice until smooth and creamy.

Spread on top . I put it in the freezer as I like it a little harder, you can leave it in the fridge or eat at room temperature, whatever your preference.

********************************

Blueberry Pie

Crust:

2 cups of almods

1 cup of dates (soaked)

Filling:

4 cups of blueberries (fresh or frozen)

2 bananas

1 1/2 tblsp honey

For crust: grind almonds until fine in a food processor. add dates and blend until smooth. Press into a pie plate

For filling: combine all and blend until smooth, pour into crust.

Refrigerate.

********************************

Almond Butter Balls:

1 cup almond butter

1/2 cup of honey or maple syrup

1/2 tsp vanilla extract

1/2 cup of ground almonds

Put almond butter, honey, vanilla in food processor and process until smooth. Freeze for 30 minutes. Form into balls and roll in ground almonds. Freeze again for at least 2 hours. Enjoy.

No comments: