Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Tuesday's Treats

Today for lunch I thought I'd same something other than my usual salad, so I made cabbage rolls. What a treat! I first made my avocado spinach dip:

Spinach
1 avocado
lemon juice
salt, pepper and guacamole spices

blend in food processor until smooth.

So I put this in the raw cabbage and added cucumber, broccoli stem, red pepper, tomato and red onion. I love this as I love all things crunchy, so the cabbage satisfies my craving.




What to do with the leftover dip? Why not put in in the middle of celery sticks and enjoy that way?


For dessert, I made blueberry mango banana ice cream (frozen blueberries and mango, fresh banana) and yes, I will likely eat all of it! Yumm!


Yesterday I tried another ice cream, mango, pineapple strawberry banana. This was awesome! mango & pineapple were frozen, strawberries fresh.

Here is Lucas enjoying his, which I reluctantly shared with him. I liked it so much I wanted to have it all!

These recipes are all so easy and so tasty! Lucas is old enough now to know that this is not store bought regular ice cream, but he loves it. Younger kids wouldn't know the difference, they would think it was the real stuff! And it is so much healthier as it is only fruit. Plus you can make any combination you like. Your imagination is the limit!!

Sometimes it turns out good and other times not so good, it's all trial and error, but when you find something really good, it is so worth it!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay so what's the deal - did you just blend it or did you use an 'ice cream maker'? This is something I'm all for as my daughter(s) are in love with ice cream - or anything frozen, and while I try to buy sugar-free, crap-free sorbet it doesn't always work out that way. This would be wayyyy better for all of us.