This is the original recipe found in a magazine:
Crust:
1 1/4 cup of cashews (unsalted)
1 cup of shredded coconut (unsweetened)
1 1/2 cup of dried fruits (apricots, prunes, cranberries, dates etc...)
Process the cashews in a food processor, add other ingredients and process until it is mealy.
Press in the bottom of a pie plate.
Fruit filling:
3-4 cups of fruits:
1/2 pineapple and 1 box of raspberries
2 cups of pineapple juice
2 tbsp of agar agar
put fruits on top of pie crust
In a casserole mix fruit juice and agar agar, bring to a boil
reduce heat and let simmer 5 to 10 min until the flakes are dissolved
mix well and pour over fruits
chill for 2 hours and serve.
That was the one my mother made. Mine was a little different as I didn't feel like paying $10 for a little bag of agar agar.
I used almonds instead of cashews for the crust and did not put coconut.
as a filling I processed half a pineapple and banana in food processor then topped it off with fruits I had: raspberries, blueberries, pineapple and mango.
What ever recipe you use..... enjoy it!
1 comment:
a good cooking. I like it.
From me on Indonesia.
Post a Comment