Somedays I think I am going nuts...... Today I swear I could have eaten the arse off a skunk (that's one of my favourite Island expressions!) Anyway, I didn't do it, I was able to resist, but man oh man, even that container of Duncan Hines chocolate icing looked good.
I didn't have breakfast this morning as I had to take Nathan to the doctor's, then stop to fill a prescription and get a flat tire fixed to top it off...... so by the time I got home at 12ish, I was ravenous! I fed the kids and then made myself another power smoothie. That held me off, I tell ya they are quite filling! I snacked on fruit and yellow beans for supper and just now had my favourite Ezekiel bread with almond butter and raspberry jam (homemade by moi!!)
I am trying hard to stay as raw as possible. I do allow myself the Ezekiel bread just because it is made with sprouted grains and not flour, but technically it is now raw and besides, even if it was, I stick it in the toaster, so all rawness would be gone anyway. But if that's my only unraw food, then it's ok.
I will be starting up a website in the next few months and document my journey to raw and prove to myself and the world that it is possible to be raw in the winter months of Eastern Canada. It's just a little more challenging than the Ojai Valley of California...... which I would love to visit someday. Storm and Jingee have their raw village there. It sounds so interesting and wonderful. How I would love to have my own raw village with all other raw people around me. It would probably be so much easier to be surrounded with people who eat the same way rather than sit at the table with my family as they eat pizza while I chomp on carrots!
I am trying to slowly change the eating habits of my family as well. It would be so easy to get the baby going on raw foods only, except right now he doesn't have enough teeth to chew on carrots. But I do give him a lot of fruit and some cooked veggies. He eats beans of all kinds as well, so he is getting his protein. My kids all love the smoothies I make too so they are getting all kinds of good stuff and they don't even realize it.
Anyway, that's my 2 cents for today, I guess I just had to write it down somewhere that I was having a challenging day food wise but that I am glad to say I was able to control myself.
One of the articles in an email I get from Halleluja Acres spoke of why doesn't God take away my addictions. The answer was that God helps those who help themselves. How many times have I heard this being said!! Well this time it really sink in and I am helping myself!! I haven't had ice cream in 2 or 3 days now..... not because I didn't want to let me tell you!! In summer ice cream is pretty much all I think about. In winter i never think about it and couldn't care less if I had any, but now is quite different.......
Anyway, I'm going to soak my butt in the tub for an hour and read The Secret for the 2nd time. It's a good book, you should read it too!!
night night!!
Jo
No comments:
Post a Comment