Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Smoothie Power!!

How to get everyone to eat their greens and other good stuff?? Hide it in a smoothie!
Here is what went into this morning's smoothie:

5 tbsp of hemp hearts
4 tbsp of Udo's Oil Blend
1 head of baby Romaine lettuce (taken straight from my garden, it was relatively small)
1 Avocado
1 Banana
Frozen cranberries and strawberries
cranberry-pomegranate juice

I usually add flax seed as well, but didn't have any left.
Lucas drank all of his huge glass and Nathan had a small glass and asked for seconds.

I must say though that I am fortunate to have the Vita-Mix blender which mixes it all so well you can't tell what's in it. I used to make these smoothies in my food processor or regular blender and it wasn't smooth enough..... Lucas wouldn't drink it cause he could see stuff in it. But with this super duper blender, the smoothie is smooth and you can't see traces of anything.

I have recently decided to try Udo's Oil Blend. I had seen it on the shelf at the health food store and read about it in raw books, but never tried it. they were giving free samples the other day at the health food store so I decided to try it out and well, I went back to get the big bottle. It's not cheap, mind you, but from what I can see it is very good stuff. Ou bodies need to be oiled and have a good ratio of fats, especially if not eating any other sources of fats. If you'd like to read up on it, the website is: udoerasmus.com/products then click on oil blends. Thee is a lot of good information about the fats and oils we need.

I've also been a fan of hemp hearts for several years. For more info visit www.buyhemphearts.com There is some great information there about all its benefits.

Anyway, I am down almost 40lbs now this year (that's being on and off raw) I try to stay raw as much as possible, but it's summer and it's hot and ice cream is darn good on a hot day!! So I kind of consider myself raw with ice cream! LOL....

I realized I should have posted the recipe for the raw berry pie and I will get around to doing it. As I type now, Nathan is pushing on my keyboard tray trying to get me off the computer, so it's hard to sit down and type something out.

Take care and eat well!!

Jo

No comments: