Well, week one has gone well so far. Nathan is a great little baby, he sleeps well and eats well. I feel like a dairy bar most days...... Lucas is being a great big brother. He is always concerned about Nathan and whether he is warm enough. He is quick to hand him over if he cries or poops though.....
Today Nathan got circumcised. Ouch! I'm sure it must be painful, poor little guy, seems such a brutal thing to do to a little baby. But I guess it is better now than later.
Lucas asks many questions, this whole baby thing has certainly made him very curious about the whole reproductive system. Yesterday he told me he was a sperm because the egg was a girl and the sperm was a boy. I had explained to him that that the egg had 2 x chromosomes and the sperm either had 2 x or xy and that it was the sperm that decided if the baby would be a girl or boy. So I guess in his mind the egg is a girl and the sperm is a boy.
I've been wanting to get out to get groceries for a few days now, but there just doesn't seem to be enough time or energy in the run of a day. Plus it is quite cold out, so i may just wait until tomorrow, it is supposed to warm up a bit. I am also hoping to stop by my work and go to lunch with the gang as well. So I am looking forward to it. I feel somewhat isolated at home but at the same time, I am enjoying spending my day getting to know Nathan and being there in the evenings for Lucas. Doing homework and practising piano has become a chore, but hopefully we'll get into a routine again and it will go smoothly.
My mom and Gilles were just here for a few days, it was nice to have them over, especially at meal times! I miss my mom...... speaking of meal times I must go figure out what I will make for Lucas tonight.
I've been hoping to add pictures but my card reader is not cooperating.
No comments:
Post a Comment